Amerika Birleşik Devletleri
Yasal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
In the United States, abortion laws and regulations vary at state level. For updated data per state, please see: https://www.guttmacher.org/state-policy
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion outside of the conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Mifepristone can be bought in no
Misoprostol is registered
It is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc.)
A doctor's prescription may be required to get Misoprostol.
Misoprostol can be bought in pharmacy distribution
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Mifeprex 200 mg (Danco Laboratories)
Korlym 300mg (CORCEPT THERAP)
Mifepristone 200 mg (GENBIOPRO)
Mifepristone 300 mg (TEVA PHARMS USA INC)
Cytotec, 200 mcg (Pfizer Ltd)
Misoprostol, 100mcg/200mcg (ANI PHARMS)
Misoprostol, 100mcg/200mcg (NOVEL LABS INC)
Diclofenac Sodium and Misoprostol 50 or 75 (200 mcg) (several brands) **contains Diclofenac
Arthrotec 50 or 75 (200mcg) (Pfizer Ltd) ** contains Diclofenac
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 04.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/united-states-of-america/
- 01.09.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://www.medab.org/advanced-search-multiple-results?country=543&commodity=all&brand=all#multiple-search-result
- 01.09.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://www.fda.gov/
- 01.09.2022/National Medicine Databank: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/daf/index.cfm
- 04.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/abortion-laws-by-state/
- 04.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection
United States: Abortion Clinics and Organizations
Abortion is legal in the united states since the supreme court decision Roe vs…
United States: Abortion Law
Abortion is legal. The law can differ for the different states.