Yasal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion is permitted on request up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is permitted up to 22 weeks of pregnancy in cases of: foetal impairment, an age below 15 or above 45 years old, an illness or health problem related to the pregnancy that prevents the upbringing of the child, or if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person’s health.
Abortion is available free of charge through public health care system. Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for doing an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Also abortion providers and any persons assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
A doctor's prescription may be required to get Mifepristone.
Mifepristone can be bought in Pharmacy distribution
Misoprostol is registered
There is no data available on whether Misoprostol is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc. ), or if it is registered for other purposes only (such as arthritis or gastric ulcers etc. )..
A doctor's prescription may be required to get Misoprostol.
Misoprostol can be bought in Yes
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Mifegyne 200mg Exelgyn
Topogyne 400 mcg
Angusta 25 mcg
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 08.08.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://www.medab.org/advanced-search-multiple-results?country=393&commodity=all&brand=all#multiple-search-result
- 17.08.2022/National medicine authority: https://ravimiregister.ee/en/publichomepage.aspx
- 09.08.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/estonia/
- 21.08.2022/European Abortion Policies Atlas: https://europe.ippf.org/resource/european-abortion-policies-atlas
- 08.12.2022/REDAAS conscientious objection map: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
- 08.12.2022/Center for Reproductive Rights. The World’s Abortion Laws: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/
Estonian law on abortion
Find out about the legal status of abortion in Estonia here
Abortion clinics and associations in Estonia
For advice and list of youth counseling centers and abortion providers you can…