ถูกกฎหมาย | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion on request is not authorized. It is permitted for economic or social reasons and in in cases of rape, incest, fetal impairment or if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person's life or their integral, mental or physical health. The legal text says: "Safe abortion may be requested by women who need special medical treatment for heart disease, cancer, or other illnesses that may worsen the prognosis of the woman's disease, or other illnesses that can put the survival of the fetus at risk."
Gestational limit is determined by viability, defined as 28 weeks of amenorrhea.
Minors are required to obtain parental or adult consent for an abortion.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for doing an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law..
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs. However, they are obligated to refer individuals to another provider if they refuse service. So-called conscientious objection cannot be practiced if the life of the woman or pregnant person is at risk.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Mifepristone.
Mifepristone can be bought in Must be dispensed by a healthcare facility
Misoprostol is registered
It is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc.)
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Misoprostol.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Misoprostol available.
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Ace Miso; 200 mcg; Acme Formulations (Pvt) Ltd, India
Cytotec ; 200 mcg; Pfizer Ltd
Miso-200; 200 mcg; Naari Pharma Pvt Ltd
Mifepack; 1 Mifepristone 200 mg, 4 Misoprostol 200 mcg; Naari Pharma Pvt Ltd
Mifecare; registration status unknown
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- Misoprostol costs between USD 5 – USD 75 depending on the method of provision.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 11.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/democratic-republic-of-congo/
- 04.10.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://medab.org/search?field_brand_name_target_id=All&field_country_of_sale_target_id=173
- 04.10.2022/safe2choose: https://safe2choose.org/abortion-information/countries/drc
- 04.10.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/democratic-republic-of-the-congo/
- 04.10.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://www.acorep-dpmrdc.org/
- National Medicine Databank: -
- 11.12.2022/Reproductive Rights: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=COD
- 11.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
Abortion law Congo
Abortion Law Abortion is only permitted to preserve the health of the woman.
Congo clinics and associations
Women's Organizations Caritas Congos ASBL