When you should not do a medical abortion?
You should not use the medicines if:
- someone is forcing you to end your pregnancy.
- you are not sure about wanting to end your pregnancy.
- the first day of your last menstrual period was more than 12 weeks ago.
- you have an allergy to Misoprostol or prostaglandins
- you have one of the following diseases: Chronic adrenal failure, severe liver failure, , Hemorrhagic disorders or bleeding disorders/diseases, Inherited porphyries. (It is highly unlikely that you have one of these diseases and do not know it yet.)
- you have an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the womb).
- you cannot get to a hospital or first aid center within an hour.
- you are alone. You should ask a partner, friend or other trusted person to stay with you while you use the medicines.
If you have is an intrauterine device (IUD), it is advised to have ite be removed before using the medicines.