Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion on request is not authorized. It is permitted if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person's life. No limitation regarding the lengths of pregnancy is mentioned in the legal text.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion outside of the conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and people who assists may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the conditions specified in the law.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is not officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Misoprostol is registered
It is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc.)
A doctor's prescription may be required to get Misoprostol.
Misoprostol can be bought in no data
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
ACE Miso, 200 mcg (4 tablets)
Cytotec, 200 mcg (28 tablets)
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- From $ 7.75 to $ 9.74 USD per pill
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 04.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/guatemala/
- 31.08.2022/safe2choose: https://safe2choose.org/abortion-information/countries/guatemala
- 31.08.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://www.medab.org/advanced-search-multiple-results?country=413&commodity=all&brand=all#multiple-search-result
- 28.09.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/guatemala/
- 04.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
- 04.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=GTM
Guatemala: Clinics and Organizations
Misoprostol is registered as Cytotec and available in pharmacies costs 6 to 8…