Updated: 2022-12-11 Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Community Comments | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Get abortion pills | Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare. If you live in a country where access to abortion is restricted, you can get abortion pills through Women on Web.
Abortion is permitted in case of fetal impairment or if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person's life.No limitation regarding the lengths of pregnancy is mentioned in the legal text.
About covering the cost of the abortion the Women’s Act states: "The government shall bear the cost where a woman cannot bear the cost of a permitted medical abortion."
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for doing an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here or contact the Women on Web Help Desk Team to guide you through the process at email@example.com
There is currently no data available on whether or not Mifepristone is registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
There is currently no data available on whether or not Misoprostol is registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Cost of Abortion Pills
These are comments about the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country.
The actual costs of abortion pills are often difficult to determine, vary and change over time. Fill out our questionnaire to add and share your experience.
Organizations and Resources
There are no Organizations and Resources listed yet. Would you like to add some?
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Join this project
This collection of data is an ongoing and collaborative project that relies on your contributions and corrections to thrive. Did you have an abortion? Did you get scammed looking for abortion pills? Do you know a friendly feminist organization which can help? Are you an abortion activist, doctor or part of an organization? Please share and fill out our questionnaire or contact us here.
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 11.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/gambia/
- 18.09.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://medab.org/search?field_brand_name_target_id=All&field_country_of_sale_target_id=169
- 18.10.2022/Gynuity Map Misoprostol: https://gynuity.org/resources/map-of-misoprostol-approvals
- 18.10.2022/Gynuity Map Mifepristone: https://gynuity.org/resources/list-of-mifepristone-approvals
- 18.09.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://www.mca.gm/
- 18.09.2022/National Medicine Databank: https://www.mca.gm/registered-products/
- 11.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=GMB
- 11.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
Abortion laws Gambia
Abortion is only permitted to save the life and preserve the health of the…
Gambia Clinics and Organisations
Gambia Family Planning Association (GFPA) Banjul area head office Mamadi…
There are no comments available yet. Would you like to make a community comment?