Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion is permitted on request up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is permitted up to 22 weeks of pregnancy in case of rape. It is also permitted in case of fetal impairment or for medical indications. For these cases no limitation regarding the lengths of pregnancy is mentioned in the legal text.
Minors under the age of 15 are required to obtain parental or adult consent for an abortion.
Abortion providers may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs. However, medical practitioners and providers are obligated to refer individuals to another provider if they refuse service. So-called conscientious objection cannot be practiced if the life of the woman or pregnant person is at risk
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Mifepristone.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Mifepristone available.
Misoprostol is registered
There is no data available on whether Misoprostol is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc. ), or if it is registered for other purposes only (such as arthritis or gastric ulcers etc. )..
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Misoprostol.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Misoprostol available.
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Mifegyne 200 mg Exelgyn
Mifepristone 200 mg China Resources Zizhu Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
Miropristone 200 mg Stada Pharmaceuticals
Pencroftone 200 mg Pharm Synthez (Pencroft Pharma)
Misoprostol 200 mcg China Resources Zizhu Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
Topogyne 400 mcg (Nordic Pharma)
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 08.08.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://www.medab.org/advanced-search-multiple-results?country=498&commodity=all&brand=all#multiple-search-result
- 27.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/russian-federation/
- 23.08.2022/European Abortion Policies Atlas: https://europe.ippf.org/resource/european-abortion-policies-atlas
- 23.08.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://grls.rosminzdrav.ru/default.aspx
- 23.08.2022/National Medicine Authority; Mifepristone: https://grls.rosminzdrav.ru/GRLS.aspx?RegNumber=&MnnR=%d0%bc%d0%b8%d1%84%d0%b5%d0%bf%d1%80%d0%b8%d1%81%d1%82%d0%be%d0%bd&lf=&TradeNmR=&OwnerName=&MnfOrg=&MnfOrgCountry=&isfs=0®type=1%2c6&pageSize=10&order=RegDate&orderType=desc&pageNum=1
- 23.08.2022/National medicine authority; Misoprostol: https://grls.rosminzdrav.ru/GRLS.aspx?RegNumber=&MnnR=%d0%9c%d0%b8%d0%b7%d0%be%d0%bf%d1%80%d0%be%d1%81%d1%82%d0%be%d0%bb&lf=&TradeNmR=&OwnerName=&MnfOrg=&MnfOrgCountry=&isfs=0®type=1%2c6&pageSize=10&order=RegDate&orderType=desc&pageNum=1
- 27.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=RUS
- 27.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-m
Abortion law Russian Federation
Abortion is legal.
Russian Federation clinics and associations
Ниже предоставлен список некоторых медицинских учреждений, в которых…