Updated: 2022-12-16 Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Community Comments | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Get abortion pills | Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare. If you live in a country where access to abortion is restricted, you can get abortion pills through Women on Web.
Abortion on request is not authorized. It is permitted up to 22 weeks if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person’s physical or mental health or their life.
Minors under the age of 18 are required to obtain parental or adult consent for an abortion.
There is a mandatory waiting period of 48 hours after the first counseling by the health care professional before the abortion can be done.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law..
Despite abortion being permitted, abortion pills are not registered and an abortion with pills might not be available.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here or contact the Women on Web Help Desk Team to guide you through the process at email@example.com
Mifepristone is not officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Cost of Abortion Pills
These are comments about the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country.
- "A pill of Misoprostol costs between 4-5 Malaysian ringgits per 200 mg. In order to induce the abortion, a woman will need about 12 pills, which will amount to 48-60 Malaysian ringgits or 12.32-15.39 US dollars."
The actual costs of abortion pills are often difficult to determine, vary and change over time. Fill out our questionnaire to add and share your experience.
Organizations and Resources
There are no Organizations and Resources listed yet. Would you like to add some?
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Join this project
This collection of data is an ongoing and collaborative project that relies on your contributions and corrections to thrive. Did you have an abortion? Did you get scammed looking for abortion pills? Do you know a friendly feminist organization which can help? Are you an abortion activist, doctor or part of an organization? Please share and fill out our questionnaire or contact us here.
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 16.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/malaysia/
- 11.09.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://npra.gov.my/index.php/en/
- 11.09.2022/National Medicine list: https://www.npra.gov.my/index.php/en/informationen/new-products-indication/new-products-approved-quest3.html
- 16.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=MYS
- 16.12.2022/ Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
Abortion law Malaysia
Abortion is only permitted to preserve the health of the woman, both physical…
Malaysia clinics and associations
RRAAM (Reproductive Rights Advocacy Alliance Malaysia)
Updates on Courtcase against Nepalese woman who had abortion in Malaysia
Retrial of Nepalese woman who was convicted for obtaining a legal abortion…
There are no comments available yet. Would you like to make a community comment?