Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion is banned without exceptions.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is not officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Misoprostol is registered
gyn & non-gyn
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Misoprostol.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Misoprostol available.
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- no data
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 04.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: hhttps://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/haiti/
- 08.11.22/PAHO. Annotated Medicine and Device Lists: https://medlistapp.paho.org/en/list/compare?page=11&list=43&comparative_type=complete&matches=all
- 08.11.2022/National Medicine Authority: SITE NOT WORKING DUE TO MALWARE, DO NOT OPEN https://mspp.gouv.ht/newsite/
- 04.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
- 04.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=HTI
Haiti: Clinics and Oganizations
For abortion pills please visit www.womenonweb.org
Abortion Law in Haiti
Abortion is illegal. Please obtain www.womenonweb.org to access abortion pills.