Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion on request is not authorized. It is permitted for a therapeutic purpose. No limitation regarding the lengths of pregnancy is mentioned in the legal text.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for doing an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law..
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs. However, they are obligated to refer individuals to another provider if they refuse service.
Despite abortion being permitted, abortion pills are not registered and an abortion with pills might not be available.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is not officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Misoprostol is not registered
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 11.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/djibouti/
- 04.10.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://sante.gouv.dj/
- National Medicine Databank: -
- 11.12.2022/Reproductive Rights: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=DJI
- 11.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
Abortion law Djibouti
Abortion is only legal in cases of preserving the woman's health.
Clinics and Organisations
ASSOCIATION POUR L’EDUCATION ET LA SANTE DES FEMMES DE WEAH E-mail: …