Hukum | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion is permitted up to 20 weeks on request and in cases of fetal impairment, rape or if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person’s physical or mental health.
For abortions between 12 weeks and 20 weeks, an examination and alternative counseling from medical practitioners is required.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Mifepristone.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Mifepristone available.
Misoprostol is not registered
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Cytotec 200 mcg (Pfizer Ltd)
Medabon, 1 Mifepristone 200 mg and 4 Misoprostol 200 mcg (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd)
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- Medabon: Market price 500 B, NHSO price 230 B/ package. (WoW unconfirmed)
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 17.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/thailand/
- 20.09.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://medab.org/search?field_brand_name_target_id=All&field_country_of_sale_target_id=199
- 20.09.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/thailand/
- National Medicine Authority: -
- National Medicine Databank: -
- 20.09.2022/Gynuity Mifepristone Country list: https://gynuity.org/assets/resources/biblio_ref_lst_mife_en.pdf
- 27.09.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/thailand/
- 17.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=THA
- 17.12.2022/ Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
Thailand: Organizations and Clinics
Abortion is permitted in cases of rape, as an exception to preserve mental…
Thailand: Abortion Laws
Abortion is permitted in cases of rape, incest and to save the health or the…
Doctors in Thailand urge to legalize abotion pills
4-10-2013 Bangkok Post
A group of academics and doctors has urged the government…