Hukum | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
In Australia, abortion laws and policies vary by jurisdiction. Abortion is legal throughout Australia and across all states, but access may vary. For more information about abortion laws and policies in Australia, you can check: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/blog/can-i-have-an-abortion-in-australia
Abortion providers may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs. However, medical practitioners and providers are obligated to refer individuals to another provider if they refuse service. So-called conscientious objection cannot be practiced if the life of the woman or pregnant person is at risk.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Yes (in most states)
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Mifepristone available.
Misoprostol is not registered
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Mifepristone Linepharma; 200 mg; Mifepristone Linepharma
Cytotec; 200 mcg; Pfizer Ltd
GyMiso; 200 mcg; MS Healthy Pty Ltd
MS-2 Step; 1 Mifepristone 200 mg, 4 Misoprostol 200 mcg; Linepharma
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- no data
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 20.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/australia/
- 09.11.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://medab.org/search?field_brand_name_target_id=All&field_country_of_sale_target_id=235
- 09.11.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/australia/
- 09.11.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://www.tga.gov.au/
- 09.11.2022/National Medicine Databank: https://www.tga.gov.au/resources/artg
- 20.12.2022/Global Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection:
- 20.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=AUS