Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion on request is not authorized. It is permitted up to 20 weeks of pregnancy in cases of rape or if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person’s physical or mental health or their life.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
There is currently no data available on whether or not Mifepristone is registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
Misoprostol is not registered
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- no data
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 20.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/samoa/
- 12.11.2022/National Medicine Authority: https://www.health.gov.ws/
- 20.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=WSM
- 12.11.2022/ National HIV, AIDS, STI and TB Policy: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/documents/countries/13-Samoa-National-HIV-AIDS-and-STI-Policy-2017-2022.pdf