Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Abortion is permitted on request up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is permitted up to 22 weeks of pregnancy in cases of: fetal impairment, rape, medical indications, below the age of 16, above the age of 45, or if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person’s health or life.
Minors under the age of 18 are required to obtain parental or adult consent for an abortion. Abortion seekers are required to go through mandatory counseling prior to abortion. There is a mandatory waiting period of 3 days in place before the abortion can be done.
Doctors and abortion providers may be criminalized for providing an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Mifepristone.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Mifepristone available.
Misoprostol is registered
It is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc.)
A doctor's prescription may be required to get Misoprostol.
Misoprostol can be bought in yes
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Miropristone 200 mg (Stada Pharmaceuticals) 3 pills
Cytotec 200mcg Pfizer Ltd
Mirolute 200 mcg (Obninsk Chemical Pharmaceutical Company)
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 08.08.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://www.medab.org/advanced-search-multiple-results?country=338&commodity=all&brand=all#multiple-search-result
- 09.08.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/armenia/
- 20.08.2022/European Abortion Policies Atlas: https://europe.ippf.org/resource/european-abortion-policies-atlas
- 20.08.2022/National Medicine Authority: http://www.pharm.am/index.php/en/register-of-medicines/2966-register-of-medicines
- 05.12.2022/REDAAS conscientious objection map: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
- 05.12.2022/Center for Reproductive Rights. The World’s Abortion Laws: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/
Armenia: Clinics and Organisations
Abortion is available on request during the first 12 weeks of gestation.
Armenia: Abortion Law
Abortion is legal on request till 12 weeks in Armenia