Abortion Laws and Policies
Get abortion pills | Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare. If you live in a country where access to abortion is restricted, you can get abortion pills through Women on Web.
Abortion on request is not authorized. It is permitted up to 28 weeks in cases of fetal impairment, rape, incest, if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person's life or their health or in case of early pregnancy.
Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs, except in emergencies or in cases of failure to fulfill their humanitarian duties. However, medical practitioners and providers are obligated to refer individuals to another provider if they refuse service.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here or contact the Women on Web Help Desk Team to guide you through the process at email@example.com
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
A doctor's prescription may be required to get Mifepristone.
Mifepristone is distributed in pharmacies.
Misoprostol is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
It is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc.)
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Misoprostol.
Misoprostol is distributed in pharmacies and healthcare facilities.
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Cytotec, 200mcg or "Cytothèque"
Mifedia; 1xMifepristone 200mg, 4xMisoprostol 200mcg
Safety notice: There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Please find more info in our FAQ to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
Cost of Abortion Pills
These are comments about the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country.
- "The cost of abortion pills in pharmacies varies from 700 to 4000 XOF." (safe2choose)
- "The cost varies between 120,000 GNF to 300,000 GNF" - TWIN (Today's Women International Network) - November 2022
- "The box of 4 misoprostol costs on average $1.32 while the box of combipack costs about $5.7 in pharmacies" - Anonymous - Februrary 2023
The actual costs of abortion pills are often difficult to determine, vary and change over time. Fill out our questionnaire to add and share your experience.
Organizations and Resources
- Women on Web
Abortion pill access by mail
- Today's Women International Network/ Réseau International des Femmes d'Aujourd'hui (TWIN/RIFA)
- training of vulnerable women and girls, marginalized in various regards (socio-professional integration); empowerment of women and girls, community awareness and training, advocacy on sexual and reproductive health rights, including safe abortion; gender-based violence (GBV) case management; support actions for access to safe abortion for women and girls through the green line on the launch of the green line (hotline).
Phone: +224 620364402/624081996
WhatsApp: 669 26 64 08.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Join this project
This collection of data is an ongoing and collaborative project that relies on your contributions and corrections to thrive. Did you have an abortion? Did you get scammed looking for abortion pills? Do you know a friendly feminist organization which can help? Are you an abortion activist, doctor or part of an organization? Please share and fill out our questionnaire or contact us here.
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 13.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/guinea/
- 19.10.2022/Medical Abortion Commodities Database: https://medab.org/search?field_brand_name_target_id=All&field_country_of_sale_target_id=151
- 19.10.2022/safe2choose: https://safe2choose.org/abortion-information/countries/guinea
- 19.10.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/guinea/
- 19.10.2022/Gynuity Mifepristone Approvals: https://gynuity.org/resources/list-of-mifepristone-approvals
- National Medicine Authority: -
- National Medicine Databank: -
- 13.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=GIN
- 13.12.2022/Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
If you think the information displayed on this page is not correct or is outdated, please send us your updates and corrections!
We appreciate your collaboration.