Legal | Abortion Pills | Local Organizations | Scam List
Abortion Laws and Policies
Menstrual regulation is available on request for women with a last menstrual period of 10 weeks or less. Abortion is permitted if the pregnancy endangers the woman or person's life. No limitation regarding the lengths of pregnancy is mentioned in the legal text.
Minors are required to obtain parental or adult consent for an abortion.
Penal law criminalizes women and pregnant people for having an abortion outside of the conditions specified in the law. Abortion providers and any people assisting may be criminalized for an abortion outside of the legal conditions specified in the law.
Medical practitioners and providers have the right to refuse abortion services based on personal beliefs. However, they are obligated to refer individuals to another provider if they refuse service. So-called conscientious objection cannot be practiced if the life of the woman or pregnant person is at risk.
Claim your rights
Access to abortion is a fundamental human right and a basic healthcare need. If you live in a country with restrictions to abortion access, you can visit Women on Web to request abortion pills or learn more about the local support and resources available in your country.
About Abortion Pills
An abortion with pills is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy at home. There are two ways to have an abortion with pills:
- Have an abortion with a pill called Mifepristone and another pill called Misoprostol;
- Have an abortion with the pill Misoprostol only.
You already have abortion pills? Find instructions, information around dosage, safety precautions and tips here.
Mifepristone is officially registered by the country’s pharmaceutical authority.
There is currently no data available on whether or not a prescription is needed to get Mifepristone.
There is no data on regulations around the distribution of Mifepristone available.
Misoprostol is registered
It is registered for gynecological indications (such as birth, miscarriage treatment or abortion care etc.)
depends on each pharmacy
Misoprostol can be bought in pharmacy distribution
These are brand names under which Mifepristone, Misoprostol or Combi Packs (that contain both abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol) are officially distributed and/or commonly found in the country.
Mifeben, Mifeprist, Mifetab, MTY, Mifecon, Mifeston, Mifegest 200 mg, MIF, Mprix, Mifovent, Mifisol, Mediprist, Undo, Mifton (all 200 mg)
Misoprostol 200mcg (Amico Laboratories Ltd.)
Aboprost 200mcg (Benham Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
Misopa 100/200/600, 100 mcg, 200 mcg, 600 mcg (Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
Misodel 100/200, 100mcg, 200 mcg (Delta Pharma Limited)
(and many many more that can be found in the database)
There are pills that contain a combination of Misoprostol and the painkiller Diclofenac. While manufactured for a different purpose they can still be used for abortion. Specific instructions need to be followed to avoid overdosing the Diclofenac.
This is the estimated cost of abortion pills in your country. Please reach out if your experience has been different from the information available here.
Cost of Abortion Pills
- Mifeston, at 175 BDT or 2 USD,
- Terminix Table Kit, at 300 BDT or 3-4 USD,
- Cytomis (per pack), at 450 BDT or 5-6 USD.
Local Organizations and Resources
No local organizations.
Watch out for fake abortion clinics and sellers online. See or contribute to our list of scams & stay safe!
Other Databases and Sources
These are the sources and databases used to gather the information listed on this country profile.
- 15.12.2022/WHO, Global Abortion Policies Database: https://abortion-policies.srhr.org/country/bangladesh/
- 08.09.2022/National Medicine Authority: http://dgdagov.info/
- 08.09.2022/National Medicine Databank: http://dgdagov.info/index.php/registered-products/allopathic
- 20.09.2022/Gynuity Mifepristone Country list: https://gynuity.org/assets/resources/biblio_ref_lst_mife_en.pdf
- 27.09.2022/howtouseabortionpill: https://www.howtouseabortionpill.org/abortion-laws-by-country/bangladesh/
- 15.12.2022/Reproductive Rights Map: https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/?country=BGD
- 15.12.2022/Map of Norms regarding Conscientious Objection: https://www.redaas.org.ar/conscientious-objection-map
Bangladesh: Organizations and Clinics
Abortion is only permitted to save the life of a woman. MR (menstruation…
Bangladesh: Abortion Law
Abortion Law Abortion is only permitted to save the life of the woman.